Update May 20, 2013: After the recent Google+ update, this method is no longer working satisfactorily.
Do you want to automate the posting of your public posts from Google+ to Twitter? Here’s a simple and an elegant solution that does not require setting up of RSS feeds for your Google+ posts and is available for both Google+ pages and personal profiles. This will not only save you time but will also help in connecting your Twitter followers to your Google+ profile.
- Go to manageflitter.com/connect
- Authorize ManageFlitter to use your Twitter account.
- Select ‘Dashboard’ from the ManageFlitter menu.
- Scroll down the page and go to the section titled ‘Google+ to Twitter’. Select ‘Turn on/off Google+ sharing’.
- Enter your Google+ profile URL in the text field.
- To get your Google+ profile URL, log in to your Google+ account, go to ‘Profile’ menu on the left and copy the URL in your browser window. It should be https://plus.google.com/xxxxxxxx/posts where xxxx should be a unique string of numbers.
- Click ‘Start Sharing’.
You can customize your tweet by clicking the ‘expand’ menu. This will give you some useful options like automatically shortening of URL, limiting tweets to 100 characters, including a link to your original Google+ post etc.