Update May 20, 2013: After the recent Google+ update, this method is no longer working satisfactorily.
Do you want to automate the posting of your public posts from Google+ to Twitter? Here’s a simple and an elegant solution that does not require setting up of RSS feeds for your Google+ posts and is available for both Google+ pages and personal profiles. This will not only save you time but will also help in connecting your Twitter followers to your Google+ profile.
- Go to http://manageflitter.com/connect
- Authorize ManageFlitter to use your Twitter account.
- Select ‘Dashboard’ from the ManageFlitter menu.
- Scroll down the page and go to the section titled ‘Google+ to Twitter’. Select ‘Turn on/off Google+ sharing’.
- Enter your Google+ profile URL in the text field.
- To get your Google+ profile URL, log in to your Google+ account, go to ‘Profile’ menu on the left and copy the URL in your browser window. It should be https://plus.google.com/xxxxxxxx/posts where xxxx should be a unique string of numbers.
- Click ‘Start Sharing’.
You can customize your tweet by clicking the ‘expand’ menu. This will give you some useful options like automatically shortening of URL using http://goo.gl/, limiting tweets to 100 characters, including a link to your original Google+ post etc.