Steve Jobs captured the essence of time succinctly when he said” the most precious resource we all have is time “. At the same time it is also the most wasted resource. It simply slips out of our fumbling consciousness leaving us wondering ” How did it get so late so soon?” – great line from Dr. Seuss.
To answer this question, help is close at hand in the form of Pomodoro Time, a powerful personal productivity app for iPhone, iPad touch and iPad from Xwavesoft. This app is based on the principles of Pomodoro Technique which essentially consists of five simple steps:
1. Define your tasks
2. Set your Pomodoro timer to X minutes (default: 25 minutes)
3. Start working and continue till the timer rings
4. Take a short break (default: 5 minutes)
5. After four Pomodoro alarms, take a long break (default 15 minutes)
What Do You Get?
Following these steps, this app helps you
- Stay focused throughout your day
- Better manage your tasks
- Track your progress daily, weekly or over any custom period of your choice
- Sync between your iDevices (requires registration)
- Customize your time slots including:
– Pomodoro duration
– Break duration (long and/ or short)
– Number of Pomodoros in a day
– Number of Pomodoros between long breaks
There are some great customization features included in this app which will help you being more productive, better focused and enable you to track your goals the way you like it.
- Start/pause/skip the current Pomodoro
- Alarms sound even if the app is in the background
- Ticking sound
- Alarm sound(custom)/vibration
- Interactive notifications
With a simple and intuitive interface, this app will go a long way in delivering on its promise of productivity enhancement. Worth trying.
Download Pomodoro Time Pro here